Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Piano Player

So . . . my daughter started playing hand bells in the junior choir at All Saints' Episcopal Church last year and wanted to branch out to the piano this year for Christmas.  I suspect it may have had something to do with her best friend Kayla playing the piano, but I didn't mind.  I grew up with a piano in my home but never learned how to play it.  I'm glad Katie was motivated, and at age eleven, I felt she was ready.

We went to a Raleigh Ringers concert in Atlanta earlier this year.
Katie is trying to lift one of the aluminum bells after the concert -- it's heavier than we thought at 18 pounds!


Here's a quick video of three songs and her recital piece -- it's under two minutes.  She positively LOVED The Lion King when she was younger and didn't hesitate to pick "I Just Can't Wait to Be King" as her first recital piece.  :)  Notice during this last piece that she isn't reading the music at all -- pretty cool!!




So, Katie's learning how to play the piano, and I'm learning how to make iMovies now.  We're taking small steps together!  LOL

8 comments:

  1. Nice blog you have here!!! Hihihi I am still trying to figure out iMovies too!!! BTW i really enjoy reading your blog posts!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!! If you have a chance, please visit/follow my fashion blog. Your supports will mean the world to me!!! Thank you so much in advance!!! Have a great day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi -- and thanks for discovering my blog and posting a comment! Yes, I'll be happy to visit your blog -- I really like your blog's name. That'd be cool to follow each other. :) I'm still finding my "voice" and direction with my fledging blog, and I really appreciate your kind words.

      As for iMovie, I've done three now (one was just still shots). It's getting easier to work through now, but I'm not doing anything too complicated with it yet. :D

      Delete
  2. Stephanie & Katie - that was FABULOUS!!! Abbey and I enoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, @ME :)

      Wynona -- thanks so much for watching the video! As soon as Katie heard the music of her piano songs, she came running down the stairs to see what I was doing. LOL

      Do you have a blog? If so, send me a link! I'm just really now getting into blogging, but I'm really enjoying it so far.

      Delete
  3. That's awesome! Both Kathie on the piano and your imovie! Thanks for your compliment on my painting and my Buster! If you have a chance, please visit again - Buster wrote his OWN blog post today! :)
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy -- I like the iMovie program and will definitely continue exploring its features! Silly, Buster -- I'll have to check it out later. Thanks for the heads up! :D

      Delete
  4. I wish my mom supported my desire to play piano. We had a keyboard that has been sitting forever until it broke! It is great that you support your daughter. It is also a great big motivation :)

    Thanks for following my blog :) I am following you back now!

    xoxo
    Myric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's so big a motivation that I might take up piano with her this summer! LOL Thanks for following back -- I love the cool crafting ideas you have on your blog! If you look at my blogs "project" label, you'll see I dabble in that type of things as well (although not nearly as much or as well as you do). :)

      Delete