Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Garnier BB Cream -- UPDATED Review -- LOVE it!!

I'm going through a bit of a Makeup Renaissance, if you will, and am like a kid in a candy store rediscovering makeup.  Seriously.  


Anyway, I've been hearing a lot of buzz about BB creams (I've heard that can stand for both "beauty" and "blemish" balm) hitting the U. S. and wanted to give it a try.  My spending-conscious self won't allow me to purchase anything too expensive like Smashbox, etc., so I was very excited about Garnier coming out with their own  BB cream.  It's advertised as a "hybrid" and  is supposed to be several products in one: primer, moisturizer, foundation, and sunscreen.  








I have to say that:

  1. It has a strong scent -- not unpleasant but still strong.  After about four hours, the scent faded.  
  2. It has a definite cream-like texture. However, unlike liquid foundation where you dab it on a little at a time, I was able to slather it all over my face like I do with a regular moisturizer.
  3. I definitely noticed a minimization of pores and a more polished, even, and brighter look.  The packaging says that your skin will appear "airbrushed," and they weren't far off with making that claim.
  4. I definitely needed to use a powder to set it though as I have oily skin.
  5. It has pretty fair coverage, too -- more than I was expecting it to have.
  6. One thing I need to get used to if I'm going to repurchase it is the sorta heavy feeling on my face. For instance, I "feel" its presence on my cheeks. Maybe it's just because it's new and I'm hyper-focusing on it.  Still, this BB cream feels like how a facial sunscreen feels.  UPDATED REVIEW:  I may possibly have applied too much product on my skin considering that I applied it the way I do a moisturizer instead of the way I would apply a liquid foundation.  I'm going to experiment with using a tad less tomorrow.
  7. Based on the description in #6, I'm very interested to see how it holds up in our VERY hot and humid summers.




I definitely think Garnier's BB Cream is a bit heavier than I would like. I bet ya anything that the next time I look in the mirror, I'm going to see that I need to reapply powder. I just feel like my face is oily again. 


Hmmm, let me go check. BRB!  
<pitter, patter, pitter, patter>


Okay, actually, my face wasn't too oily.  I was pleasantly surprised that the BB cream didn't come off too much when I blotted it to reapply powder.   




Overall Impression:  I like the idea behind this product and being able to use it on days when I'm in a hurry.  Using just this one product instead of a moisturizer, primer, and foundation was much quicker.  UPDATED REVIEW:  I wore this product for 11 hours and only had to reapply powder twice.  That's terrific considering that I have oily skin.  My skin maintained a brightened, "airbrushed" quality, and my pores appeared to stay minimized the whole time.  I'm totally sold on this product after seeing those results.

No comments:

Post a Comment